To install a beta version, deactivate and delete your current WP Customer Reviews plugin. Then go to /wp-admin/plugin-install.php?tab=upload on your WP site. Browse for the beta .zip file you downloaded, then click "Install Now" - you will then need to activate the plugin again.
If you are upgrading from 2.x to 3.x and you have missing or duplicate reviews, or something did not migrate properly, click on the WP Customer Reviews admin notice link ( Missing / Duplicate Reviews? ) after you activate the plugin. It will guide you through the steps.
- [Update] Made activation process simpler
- [Update] Images losslessly compressed
- [Bugfix] Fixed possible issues with WordPress 3.6
- [Bugfix] Fixed possible issue with PHP 7.0
- [Security] Prevented CSRF and XSS in admin tools.
- [Bugfix] Fixed the appearance of a security hole with admin tools. Malicious action was not possible.
- [Bugfix] Fixed deprecation warning with wpseo_pre_analysis_post_content (Yoast SEO).
- [Bugfix] In some installations, ajax requests were still failing. We are reverting to using admin-ajax once again.
- [Bugfix] In some installations, a dynamic CSS file could not be written upon plugin activation.
- [Bugfix] In some installations, ajax requests to admin-ajax were failing. We are trying a new method.
- [Bugfix] In some installations, the number of reviews displayed for "Average Rating" was inflated.
- [Bugfix] Email notifications for new reviews were missing a timestamp in the subject line.
- [Bugfix] When using [WPCR_SHOW POSTID="123"] shortcode on the page ID 123, reviews would output twice.
- [Bugfix] When a page had 0 reviews, the average rating would show 2.5 stars instead of 0.
- [Feature] Added PAGINATE and PERPAGE as shortcode options.
- [Bugfix] Fixed post/page saving issue
- [Bugfix] Shortcode copied/pasted itno WP visual editor should now work better
- [Bugfix] Migrating from 2.x would sometimes duplicate imported reviews ( see "Tools" settings tab for fix )
- [Bugfix] Migrating from 2.x would sometimes skip importing reviews ( see "Tools" settings tab for fix )
- [Bugfix] When paginating reviews on the front-end, "reviewed on" page links would sometimes be not linked
- [Bugfix] Relaxed the human detection anti-spam rules a bit
- [Bugfix] Fixed "failed the spambot check" issue when WP back-end is SSL, but front-end is not
- [Bugfix] Fixed some PHP error notices
- [Update] "Tools" tab added to plugin settings. This will contain various methods for managing/fixing review data.
- [Update] When adding reviews manually in WP admin, the WP post title now matches user-added reviews
- [Update] You can now edit the WP post title of reviews
- [Update] Enabled for custom post types
- [Update] Upgrading from 2.x should go smoother for some people
- [Update] Complete code cleanup and rewrite
- [Update] Complete overhaul of settings and management interface